The ProCreate Project, the Museum of Motherhood and the Mom Egg Review, partners for a bi-monthly on-line presentations feauturing M.A.M.A. – MOTHERS ARE MAKING ART.
The 1st and the 15th of each month words and images will highlight the joy and the challenges of being both a mother and an artist.
Online is the place! We will host works of art about mothers and mothers-to-be; featuring academic and creative writing in order to promote women internationally and generate cultural exchanges and opportunities.
We are determined to explore the extraordinary experiences of mothers and how, by means of channelling these new and powerful energies a person can cultivate both motherhood and art. However, support is needed and awareness must be raised to facilitate this process and to finally empower it.
We strive to give voice to all women, make acceptable room for “feelings,” sensations, and interpretations without judgement; we want to make space for mothers in the arts to display their work and move a conversation about “the art of motherhood” forward.
@ProcreateProj @MOMmuseum @TheMomEgg
August 1, 2016 Megan Wynne and Susan Vispoli
-July 1st, 2016 – Torture the Women by Alex March
– May 1st, 2016 – The Physical World by Nadia Colburn, featured artist Beth Grossman
-April 1st, 2016 – BABYSITTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE OLDER GRANDPARENT by Judy Kronenfeld. Featured art by Minna Dubin
– March 1st, 2016 – Blind date by Samina Najmi Featured Art by Anna Hultin th, 2016 – On Friday Nights by Gabriella Burman. Featured art by Dagmara Bilon
– Feb 1st, 2016 – Featured art Sophie Starzenski
– Jan 15th, 2016 – Drumstick by Stephanie Feuer. Featured artist Rachel Fallon
– Jan 1st, 2016 – Pregnant with meaning by Anelie Crighton. Featured art Sarah Irvin
– Dec 1st, 2015 – Close to heart by Nancy Cook. Featured artist Beth Goobic
– November 15th, Home In/Out by Ruchika Wason Sigh
– Nov 1st 2015, Waiting for Words by Cynthia Patton. Featured artist Sarah Nicolls
– October 15th, 2015: Mirror Mirror by Sandra Ramos Obriant’s. Featured artist, Nuša Pavko
– October 1, 2015: “Elderly Prima Gravida,” by Autumn Stephens. Featured Artist, Sabrina Mahfouz.
– September 15th, 2015: “Reflections Of A Multicultural Mom” by Margaret Rapp. Featured artist, Louise Camrass
– September 1, 2015: Creative prose “Good Enough to Eat” by Becky Tipper. Featured artist, Lynn Lu
– August 1, 2015: “Perspectives on Maternal Thinking.” by Jenny N. . Featured artist, Kerry Conway Stammers – Barefootbabysteps, Painting with Nature
– July 1, 2015: “Ain’t I a Feminist?: Matricentric Feminism, Feminist Mamas, and Why Mothers Need a Feminist Movement/Theory of Their Own by Andrea O’Reilly. Featured artist, Nicola Canavan – Raising the Skirt in collaboration with Photographer Dawn Felicia
– June 1, 2015: “The Invisibility and Marginality of Motherwork,” by Roksana Badruddoja. Featured artist, Claire Hickey.
Go to our M.A.M.A. link for the featured article each month.
M.A.M.A. will celebrate the notion of being “pregnant with a new found inspiration”. This scholarly discourse intersects with the artistic to explore the wonder and the challenges of motherhood. Using words and art to connect new pathways between the academic, the para-academic, the digital, and the real, as well as the everyday: wherever you live, work, and play, the Art of Motherhood is made manifest.
To submit your work, either papers or art, please send us an email and we will get back to you shortly.